Sunday, April 15, 2012

Perfect First Knitting Project

I haven't told you about me starting knitting. So, yes. I did! And to my surprise, it was extremely hard! I never thought it would be that hard cos i know how to crochet already. But seriously, it's painfully hard!

What's hard?
The fingers movement. How to handle the needles? The awkwardness of how to guide the yarn! It's just hard! But being stubborn, i kept trying and trying and trying. I watched videos and videos of how to knit and purl. But nothing can be better than the Japanese one, of course. *sigh*

These are the links:
(Knit) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEBFwmNax9Q
(Purl) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iehVU9pZzmU

It took me a whole week to master purl and knit stitches alone. I know there are only two stitches in knitting. But if i watched cable knitting, the honeycomb videos/patterns etc... i feel like i'm never ever gonna be able to do them. And! The double pointed needles! Urgh!

I've left knitting for a week cos i've been very frustrated with it. I couldn't find a clue where to begin. I didn't know how to read patterns. I thought i can learn from diagram (Japanese pattern), but i don't understand them at all. So i stopped thinking about knitting. I thought, all the knits and purls that i've learned would be wasted.

But today i went through Ravelry again. To try my luck on written pattern. I heard that scarf is an ideal first knitting project. But, here in Malaysia, it's damn hot to wear a scarf around your neck. Insane. But, i was desperate enough to try a scarf anyway. Because, i cannot knit a sweater. It's a lot complicated and my knowledge is very limited. So, finally, i decided to try on this pretty cowl.



You can go check out this blog for the pattern. It's very very easy and it's SO PERFECT for a beginner like me.

Don't you think it's cute? I can't wait to finish this cowl.
There are many reasons why a person learn to knit. Well, my confession is, i knit cos it's cool. (◕‿-)

No comments:

Post a Comment