Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Hunger Games Book Review


I've just finished reading this book. Well, all i can say is, it's beyond expectation!

It took me almost a year to get my hands on this. It's not convincing at all! I mean, look at the cover. Isn't it looks serious, very adult, hardtodigest, boring kinda book? So, to find it as the most read book on the Goodreads really shocked me. I didn't have any intention to read it all. Though i know this must be the next big thing after Twilight. And i really thought to myself, if someone turned it into a movie, then only i will go watch it.

But later, i heard that this popular book on Goodreads is premierring. I did tried to get it into my business. I checked them on the Wikipedia, read, what it's all about. But then i was really sure i will never ever read it. Cos it has something to do with 'war'. The killing and all that. I don't like that kinda stuff.

Even when i went to cinema, i didn't even consider checking their showing time. But, i just focus on Titanic 3D instead! And even Wrath of the Titans got a bit of attention from me... *sigh*

A couple of days ago, i don't know what had possessed me. I came across this audiobook on Youtube, read by McCormick. So i was tempted enough to download. I thought it'd be cool to listen to audiobooks while knitting.

But i tell you what, things got serious that i finally focused on the reading alone! I finished the first part of audiobook and switched to reading it in my mobile.

I liked the herbs, remedies, goats, cheese, hunting, snares stuff. And also how Gale calls her Catnip. I also liked the fact that Katniss and Peeta were 'related' from the bread part when she was a kid. And the fact that they both knew about it but kept silence about it until the games get serious.

I really thought i'd rate it 4 stars. But as soon as i finished reading it, i found myself craving for more. You know, when i read something, and i get that feeling, then i know it's a FIVE star book.

The one touched the inner part of my heart the most is when Peeta knew that Katniss was pretending all this time, while everything he did was sincerely from his naive heart. All the kisses, all the speeches about eating the poisonous berries at the end of show etc. They were all just lies, i kinda feel dissapointed for him. And as the book ends, i crave for more stories from them.

So now i have the 2nd and the 3rd. I'm gonna be away reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment