Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzzane Collins



It took me a whole day to finish this. To some extent, it kind of bores me. It has too much actions. And maybe it was just me who don't like exaggerated actions. But it's not exaggerated. It's just how you explain things. But again, maybe it was just me, who don't like actions.

Even so, i really liked the scene when Finnick and Katniss and others had dinner in the dining hall. Where they laughed about the turtle swimming off with Finnick's hat. And Peeta joined them. I liked it the best. I don't know why. There were some warmth to it. In the hardships, they stole some times to hear stories and laugh.

The ending is very dissapointing even though in the end, Katniss chose to be with Peeta because Gale didn't coming back for her. I don't know. I have a lot of dissapointments on this book. Like, when Katniss were traumatized by all the wars of physical condition and mental disorientation. There were no one besides her. Not even her mother! I kept wishing for Peeta or Gale to show up. But Katniss will always be on her own.

I mean, the war itself is already full of darkness. And why should they add more darkness to it? I was waiting for warm touches from some of the characters. To add a little bit of emotions towards the ending. But there were none. So it ended up flat and emotionless.

This book failed to bring ups and downs in my emotion like the second book does. So i can't rate it high. ):

My rating: 2 1/2 stars.

The best book from this series would be Catching Fire. From this point, i'm sure i'm gonna continue reading it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment