Friday, October 31, 2014

Bi Küçük Eylül Meselesi (A Small September Affair) Review


Finished watching this Turkish movie. Rating from IMDB is 7.5

Everything is going well In the life of a city girl called Eylul, but after an unfortunate accident she forgets the last month of her life she spent on an Island 'Bozcaada'. Incidents take place where flashbacks from the past month haunt her until she decides to visit the place to remember. Everyone around her, all her friends and family tell her not to and, despite their discouragement Eylul suspecting something is wrong. Simply by listening to her instincts Eylul goes back to Island 'Bozcaada' never knowing what to expect until a chance encounter with a strange dowdy man Tekin who call out to her 'Eylul dont you remember me? you fell in love with me on this Island".

My opinion, the movie is just too melodramatic. Its not realistic. Too much drama. So, for my taste, i just dont like it. I guess the reason why rating on IMDB is high, must be because of the ending. I must admit, the ending was amazing. But the way they drag the movie and make it such a big deal with Eylul was just exaggerated to me. And, Teki is not handsome. Sorry. :) But that's just my 2 cents. Still, its enjoyable. I'll rate it 5 only. Out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. Not only is too tragic, the end is not fair for Tekin, the poor boy didn't deserve to die. She was selfish and I could'nt to empatize her, she played with Tekin as a puppet. At last, is a romantic inusual movie, but not a beautiful romance story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy Bonita película me quedé pegado de principio al final

    ReplyDelete