Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hotaru no Hikari 1 and 2 Review

Himono Onna means Dried Fish Woman. And that is Amemiya Hotaru. She loves wearing jerseys and track pants at home. With hair tied up hilariously, she would drink beer at the veranda. An old man lent her a traditional Japanese house and she lives alone there, lazy and her house is so messy like it's just been hit by a storm.

Her manager at work came to her house, claiming that the house is actually belongs to his parents and he used to be there when he was growing up. Since he has a complicated relationship with his wife, he decided to live with this girl. Truly believed that he will never fall in love with this girl.  Deciding that all the woman in her had dried up. And she's just a Himono Onna. There's nothing attractive in Amemiya.

But things are revolving around in the house between them both. They have a lot of talks. About personal matters of Amemiya mostly. But they are very professional in the office. Pretending like they don't have any special bond, that no one is suspecting them. So they keep this secret dearly.



The reason why i'm reviewing these is because i love this series SO MUCH. As always, we love things that related to us so we can compare everything. What i found about this series is they're very smart at explaining feelings. Being a writer myself, i found it really hard to express feelings and interpret them into a form that can be understood by other people, it's the hardest. But this drama has done that brilliantly. Effortlessly.

For example, when Teshima emailed her, she asked Buchou to read for her. I had this kind of experience throughout my life. And she got easily excited and thoughtfully perplexed really resembles how i was feeling about things sometimes. And not to mention, how she behaved so lazily, getting a magazine with her feet. Asking anyone close to me, they would know me fully that i really love using my feet at picking up things. It's all because i'm too lazy to bend and too lazy to move my body to certain degrees just to get those things that can easily be fetched by foot. So, yeah. That's the main reason why i was so attracted to watch it at the first place.

Furthermore, this drama is not that kind of lovey dovey type. It went smoothly and logically approved throughout the series. So, this kind of story always win my heart. And most importantly, it lingers in my mind when i finished watching it.

I always love stories that linger in my mind after i've done watching. And Hotaru no Hikari really has the ability to do that.

The second season is all about them preparing to get married. You'll be introduced to a new set of colleagues. I don't understand why people said the second is not as good as the first. For me, i love the second better. I'm not that kind of person who loves overly comedy stories. So, eventhough the second one is not that funny, but there is nothing wrong with it. I love it better than the first cos it feeds you exactly the things you want to see.

In the 1st season, Buchou and Amemiya's relationship was not a highlight at all because they were busy thinking about how to get Teshima and Amemiya together and get them separated. But this time, everything's all about them. There are enough feelings in everything. So i really liked it. And, the bonus is, they kissed! Though it only happened in the ninth episode onwards, but i'm glad.

Now that i've done watching, i feel so bored and sad that i have nothing more to watch. I missed them already. ): I think i'm going to play them over and over again till i'm bored with it so i can continue with my life. *sigh* Can't wait to watch the movie!

Anyway, I'll rate it 12 out of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment