Monday, April 23, 2012

Little Dorrit 2008


When i was in secondary school. I did got my hands on Little Dorrit book. But, my english wasn't that good. So, after reading a few chapters. I gave up. And returned the book to the school library without finishing them up.

I finally watched the series. And i am so in love with it! I mean, a lot! Obviously the series bring independent attraction itself, without clinging to the novel's plot. It was twisted and brilliantly planned. I'm so in love with their characters. Especially Arthur Clennam and Little Dorrit.

When i read the book, i thought Arthur must be a much older man than Amy. But thank God they didn't use an older actor. Matthew Macfadyen is just perfect because he's always nice for a kind hearted role. And Little Dorrit... Claire Foy is just perfect. She's small. And she has that innocent, sad eyes, angelic face. She's just perfect for the role. Ah, the casting for this series is just awesome.

This story is very clever and i really want to read the book now. The only advice i would give for anyone who's going to watch this is, please get subtitles for them. It would make a HUGE difference. Well, exception for the English speaking people. I don't speak english, so for those who were like me. Please, please, go get the subtitles. It's a very interesting series, so i really want everyone to understand what they're talking about.

It comes in 14 episodes. And it worth every seconds of your time. I've spent every precious moment of my life for this. And i really love it!

FIVE stars. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment