Monday, May 11, 2015

My Love Don't Cross That River Review

imdb rating: 7.9
Me and husband watched this on Mother's Day night. He bought some cakes for me. Very thoughtful of him. Though i know he is not like that. You know my husband might be anything but he is not romantic and he's not full of surprises.

We watched this documentary on channel News Asia. They separated this into two parts. My husband didn't watch the first one. But i did. And i cried the whooooole time. It's funny how a documentary could be that sad. Well, you know, any movies that comes from korea will make me cry. I dont know what's wrong with them all. They just know how to make me cry!

This documentary is about an elderly couple, wife (89) and the husband (98) have been married for almost all their lives. The camera follows them through the last days of their lives. You see they're so old and the age started taking effect on them. Especially the husband.

I think this documentary doesn't need synopsis or recommendation at all. You should just play it in front of you and watch. That's what i did. I had no expectation from it. But wow, how it gripped my memories and emotions, just left me speechless.

There are things they reminded me of:
1. My grandfather - during last days of his life.
2. My husband and i.

We both sobbed while watching this. He hold me from behind so i couldn't see him crying. After the movie finished, he said he wants me to die first. I was quite surprised because we always joked about this. Then he said, he doesn't want me to cry for him.

There are many scenes in this movie that could bring tears to your eyes. Mine was when the husband touched his wife's face when she was sleeping. That made me cry like crazy! Oh god, it reminded me so much of my husband and i. Actually everybody can relate to this. Being a married woman myself, And being in this state of hormones and emotions, even husband raising voice to me could make me sob.

So, my rating would be 9 out of 10. Just magnificent!

No comments:

Post a Comment