Tuesday, March 27, 2012

North & South!!

This story is magnificent! I loved it!

I've always loved watching delicate romance. And this is exactly what this story delivered. I've waited for so long to watch this. To be honest, i don't believe in other's review. It seems to me that most of these people have different taste. I am fussy about movies/tv series as i watched them with my critical mind switched on. But this story is a success.

I've always loved period dramas. And whatever movies in costume, they would catch my attention better than the modern movies. I love their way of life back then. Not only they were graceful and pretty in beautiful dresses. The ladies were sooo feminine while the men were all gentlemen. I adore them so much.

I guess i cannot fully believe in reviews from others because when i watched them, i found that i didn't like most of their recommendations. But anything that i picked up for myself like Captured Woman Stolen Heart or Firelight... They win my heart so bad that i feel like i want to watch them every day!

And the recommendations that have failed to win my heart so far are Tess of The D'urbervilles with Gemma Arterton in it (i hate Tess' husband, but ended up loving Alex instead! Yes, the one who raped her, i don't know why! That's why i think there's something wrong with it.), Great Expectations (too dark for me), Jane Eyre - 2006 (too slow!), Emma (i really hate how Emma tried to separate her friend from the poor man), i have a lot other tv series that i don't really like. But they were kind of OK for me. BUT, it surprised me that these tv series got H-I-G-H ratings in the iMDB. Hurm....

But there's no greater dissapointment than Wuthering Heights - 2009. It dissapointed me soooo bad!!! First of all, i hate hate hate hate hate the main female character. Heathcliff is alright. But the female character irritates me so bad. It dissapoints me how Heathcliff could love that kind of woman. She's cheap!! And when Heathcliff started going out with her sister in law, she started going mad like an idiot. And acting like a VICTIM! Oh please! I don't understand how people commenting on the series like, it makes my cry whenever i remember it... i recommend this series to every human on earth... bla.. blaa... They were wasting my time. I don't like the main woman character. AT ALL. What's her name anyway?

Back to North and South. It's the best delicate romance you've ever wanted to watch. Trust me. There'd be nothing wrong with it. It's perfect.

I'm inviting you to enjoy this masterpiece. Please...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL832A9D3D67166C73

No comments:

Post a Comment